After all the exploration of this topic here in this thread, I'm a pretty
hard -1 on this one.

I think CWL and CWL-Airflow are great projects, but they can't rely on the
Airflow community to evolve/maintain/package this integration.

Personally I think that generally and *within reason* (winking at the npm
communities ;) that smaller, targeted and loosely coupled packages [and
their corresponding smaller repositories with their own set of maintainers]
is better than bigger monoliths. Some reasons:
* separation of concerns
* faster, more targeted builds and test suites
* independent release cycles
* clearer ownership
* independent and adapted level of rigor / styling / standards
* more targeted notifications for people watching repos
* ...

Max