From: Jed Cunningham <jedcunning...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2024 8:36 AM
To: dev@airflow.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [COURRIEL EXTERNE] [DISCUSS] Rename channels on slack

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the
content is safe.

AVERTISSEMENT: Ce courrier électronique provient d’un expéditeur externe. Ne
cliquez sur aucun lien et n’ouvrez aucune pièce jointe si vous ne pouvez pas
confirmer l’identité de l’expéditeur et si vous n’êtes pas certain que le
contenu ne présente aucun risque.

Sounds good to me. We already have much more niche channels than best
practices would be. Worst case no one uses it and we can purge it down the
road, no harm no foul.

One thing we should consider is not renaming development, but starting with
a fresh channel for contributing. There are nearly 14k people in
development today. Maybe we restrict who can post in development for a
period of time with a message directing folks to the right places?