>> Maybe we restrict who can post in development for a
period of time with a message directing folks to the right places?

> As long as we don't make it committer only. If you're contributing
something and want some help/feedback, it's not welcoming to find out that
you're to be restricted from the development/contribution channel

Yeah - agree with Constance. I kinda like that so many people (potentially)
watch us while we are contributing and see what we are doing - most of them
are silent, but being in the channel, and even observing how airflow is
created "live" is really great way for a small percentage of those people
to eventually become contributors if they see what's going on and like the
vibe and way the contributors "do it". Typical contribution funnel. I think
if we limit who can join the channel (or even start with trimming it down)
all this might be lost.

I bet quite a few current committers and active contributors got there
mostly because they liked what they saw in #development.

J.