Ok, I have coded ant-type magic attribute over lunch.

  <target name="run" depends="init">
    <typedef name="myfileset" classname="MyFileSet" classpath="classes"/>
    <mkdir dir="output"/>
    <copy todir="output">
      <fileset ant-type="myfileset" dir="src" newattribute="Hi"/>
    </copy>
  </target>

I will update Patch 19446 over the weekend with
the changes.

Peter.