On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, peter reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are still left the problem of the Type create<Name>() pattern.

I don't think that it was solvable.  Almost any soltion world require
cooperation of the classes implementing the create method.

What we can do is adapting all core classes that use the createPattern
to also provide the add pattern (with modifications along the lines
you suggest) - and make IntrospectionHelper favor addXYZ over
createXYZ just as it setXYZ(SomeType) over setXYZ(String) now.