Hi Mathias,

Alle 18:16, venerdì 8 settembre 2006, Mathias Bauer ha scritto:
[....]
> >> The interceptor also must be registered somehow, so binding the macro
> >> that registers it to the event "OnViewCreated" on a global level is
> >> recommened.
> >
> > I can't find this event among the ones available in the user interface.
> > Perhaps is it only available via the API ?
>
> Yes, it's only available through the API. We could add it to the GUI but
> then the configuration would display wrongly in older versions (it would
> work though as the event is there for some time). Should we add it to
> the GUI? It is at least important for all events that target frames not
> documents.

The "OnViewCreated" event seems perfect for operations like adding a custom
toolbar at runtime.
In my experience, this kind of operations are very common in VBA.

In openoffice there is a different approach, but anyway, the recent addition
of the LayoutManager has maked possible (even if not too easy) to interact
with toolbars/menu/keybindings etc. at runtime, so, I can imagine an use-case
where you have an ooo document that contains a macro that creates a custom
toolbar or other GUI elements at runtime

So, IMHO adding the "OnViewCreated" event to the GUI would make sense.

regards
paolo