Hi Marc, *,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 11:22:45PM +0100, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 14.02.2007, 20:32 +0100 schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 07:14:37PM +0100, Steffen Grund wrote:
> > >[throwing away the mail-merge-object]
>
> >From your other mail:
> [variable scope: only within the method]
>
> ... and if this exit point is reached the object is lost because there
> is no further reference to it. I don't know if the object is really
> needed, but if you want to store it you have to hold a reference in a
> variable, otherwise the java garbage collector will dispose it at it's
> next run.

Hmm - Thanks for pointing this out, but I don't think the object is
still necessary (but I'm not sure about this, so I tried what you
suggested:)

> You could simply do:
>
> public final class PostNetJavaImpl extends WeakBase
>    implements com.sun.star.lang.XServiceInfo,
>               org.openoffice.cloph.postnet.XPostnetjava
> {
>     private final XComponentContext m_xContext;
>
>     private static final String m_implementationName =
> PostNetJavaImpl.class.getName();
>     private static final String[] m_serviceNames = {
>         "org.openoffice.cloph.postnet.Postnetjava" };
>
> --> private static final(?) Object mailMerge = null;

That unfortunately did not make any difference.

Does anybody have the solution or even a working sample at hand?
I'd really appreciate it.

ciao
Christian
--