Hi

I'm trying to get OpenOffice.org to run under COM/DCOM for use on an unattended
server.

To do this I create a Component Package under COM+. It works fine. However if I
change the user from the Interactive User (me) to a named user (also me) then I
start getting errors when I try to create an instance of the Service Manager.

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{82154420-0FBF-11D4-8313-005004526AB4} failed due to the following error:
80080005." [Server execution failed]

I initially thought that this looked like an UNO thing but the UDK people tell
me that they think this is unlikely. So I guess it's something within OOo.

I know the documentation for OpenOffice.org says that the identity of the
service manager must be set to "Interactive User". However it doesn't explain
why. The whole thing is a bit opaque and it's difficult to see exactly what's
going wrong.

If I knew why things were going wrong then I could probably configure this so
that I didn't need the Interactive User.

Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

Best Wishes

Jos

jos vernon