Jos,

I actually think is a Uno thing, so the UDK lists are the right place to discuss this. Unfortunately our COM expert, Joachim Lingner, does not seem to have any explanations for this.

If you can provide some source snippets, I may find the time to dig into this.

Regards

  Kay

JV wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get OpenOffice.org to run under COM/DCOM for use on an
unattended server.

To do this I create a Component Package under COM+. It works fine.
However if I change the user from the Interactive User (me) to a
named user (also me) then I start getting errors when I try to create
an instance of the Service Manager.

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{82154420-0FBF-11D4-8313-005004526AB4} failed due to the following
error: 80080005." [Server execution failed]

Prompted by the mail on unanswered questions I was wondering if anyone had any more thoughts on this?

It's obviously something that someone is familiar with given that this behavior is in the documentation.

However it's not something which is explained in any way.

At present I don't know whether to look at OOo at UNO (the UNO guys say not) or at COM+ itself.

Best Wishes

Jos