Joachim

I'm trying to get OpenOffice.org to run under COM/DCOM for use on an
unattended server.

To do this I create a Component Package under COM+. It works fine.
However if I change the user from the Interactive User (me) to a
named user (also me) then I start getting errors when I try to create
an instance of the Service Manager.

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{82154420-0FBF-11D4-8313-005004526AB4} failed due to the following
error: 80080005." [Server execution failed]

This looks as if your OOo instance is not able to start at all. Can you
try to start OOo directly (with the same user!) with the Windows API to
start a process?

I am not clear if you use OOo via DCOM from a different machine. Then you would need to have the corresponding registry entries also on your client machine.

This is all on the same machine.

The only difference between the working and non-working scenario is...

When the package is set to the Interactive User (me) it works.
However when it's specified as a named user (me) it doesn't.

Best Wishes

Jos

jos vernon
http://www.websupergoo.com/