Hallo Frank , pronto Paolo

Interesting discussion, I learned from my first real live frontend application to minimize the number of FORM and SUBFORMS and then using DIALOGS to pass data from or to the Tables. BTW: oController.loadComponent( "my form", com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM,FALSE )
do not works , must be:
oController.loadComponent(com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM, "my form",FALSE )

greetz

Fernand
Hi Paolo,

Regarding the ThisDatabaseDocument thing, I'm experimenting.

The open() method is very simple and straightforward and I'm sure that users will be very happy of it, but I noticed a possible problem.

Not sure which open method you refer to, ThisDatabaseDocument doesn't
have one.

The open method seems not able to create the first connection. This means that you can use the open method only for the second form, but you still have to launch manually a first form.

This makes impossible to use the open() method in order to launch a form from the OnOpen method for example.

If you want to open a form (in the sense of: display UI) when the
document loads, you should use methods at the *controller* of the
document, not at the document. For this, XDatabaseDocumentUI [1] should
be used. It provides functionality which effectively mimics user input.

So, something like
  oController = ThisDatabaseDocument.CurrentController
  If ( Not oController.isConnected() ) Then
    oController.connect()
  End If
  oController.loadComponent( "my form", _
    com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM,
    FALSE  ' not for editing, but for data entry
  )
should do what you want.

Ciao
Frank