Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

> I still think that defining ThisComponent as "the component from which
> the macro was invoked" (as opposed to "the component which the macro is
> embedded into") was the better choice, and causes less hassle. Finally,
> this means that only newly written code needs to care for the new
> concept. If we had changed ThisComponent otherwise, then every existing
> code (implementing such a functionality as sketched above) would have
> needed to be rewritten.

I'm not sure that the "new concept" would change a lot at all - except
for those cases where the "old concept" creates an undefined situation
anyway.

The only situation where the "new concept" would be wrong is when a
macro from one document is executed while another one is active.
But perhaps this does not make a lot of sense anyway and we should
forbid that?!

When else do you think that in a common situation where the "old
concept" works fine the "new concept" would introduce a problem?

Regards,

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".