On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jeff,
> Am 21.03.2011 14:58, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>>
>> * ensure it is viable to use the MinGW toolchain to build APR on
>> 1.4.x-trunk for the purpose of (at least) me testing simple fixes and
>> running the test suite and using gcc as another perspective on the
>> Windows code
>> * provide at least some help in the area of reviewing/testing to those
>> willing to do the heavy lifting to make this a properly supported
>> toolchain
>>
>> As part of that I anticipate backporting some fixes for MinGW to
>> 1.4.x/1.5.x to support this, but with no implication that any code
>> line fully/properly supports MinGW.  More people will have to continue
>> to help (and perhaps with it in somewhat better shape it will be more
>> practical).
>
> how do you call configure? Separately in apr / apr-util, or in apr with some
> params?

apr trunk:

make extraclean ; ./buildconf && ./configure --prefix=/c/Users/Trawick/aprinst
--without-iconv --with-expat=/c/MinGW --enable-maintainer-mode >cfgout
2>&1 && ma
ke 2>stderr && (cd test && make 2>>../stderr) ; cat stderr

apr-1.4.x:

similar, but no "--without-iconv" or "--with-expat"

apr 1.4 doesn't link for me (undefined reference to CreateHardLinkW),
and I haven't tried apr-util yet

> when I do it separately in apr-util I still get:

hopefully I'll get that far before long