On 3/29/2011 11:40 AM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Am 28.03.2011 20:24, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
>> and that seems to work - it skips the useless testing for *mingw* and
>> sets the right typedef in apr.h, and the warning is then also gone;
>> but not sure if its the right patch ...
> with this one and all the other recent fixes apr-1.4.x looks now pretty good
> - only 3
> warnings remain now with misc/win32/start.c;
> I've just build a round with clang to make the issues a bit more clear:
> http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/build_w32_msys_clang.txt.gz

Cool - will review.

> if whe want to avoid further casts then we probably need to change wchar_t to
> apr_wchar_t
> - but that cant be done unconditionally because the presense of apr_wchar_t
> depends on an
> unicode_fs define ...
>
> Bill, are you in the mood to take a look at this?

I don't mind looking at this at all, but it will be a few days before my plate
is clear enough to really dig deeply into it.

> regarding the DLL prob:
> when I look into the created Makefile then I dont see any target for a shared
> library at
> all - only a target for the static lib exists ...

Probably a side-effect from libtool and our libtool arguments.  Which rev?

> also I think the whole stuff with creating export*.c files + arp.exp is
> nonsense for MingW
> - instead we should build with the proper defines for APR_DECLARE* and just
> link the DLL
> .. - but unfortunately I am not the right one to fix it this way with my
> still limited
> configure knowledge :-(

Of course, you realize much of that same garbage is present on win32 builds
(.exp files etc) and we simply need to dodge -installing- these.  This is
again probably in part an artifact of various libtool flags, consider that
the compiler, linker, and libtool authors are rarely on the same page and
don't agree on mechanics.  The various -export* flags probably affect this.