trunk:

looks pretty good here other than the IPv6 detection; I think the only
test failures are also broken with a Visual Foo build

I build like this:

# enable IPv6
export ac_cv_define_sockaddr_in6=yes
export ac_cv_working_getaddrinfo=yes
export ac_cv_working_getnameinfo=yes
export ac_cv_func_gai_strerror=yes
./configure --without-iconv --with-expat=/c/MinGW

apr 1.4.x branch:

This is missing trunk fixes for shared library support and the path to
executable files called from testall.  I'll look at backporting that
after apr 1.4.3.

# enableIPv6
export ac_cv_define_sockaddr_in6=yes
export ac_cv_working_getaddrinfo=yes
export ac_cv_working_getnameinfo=yes
export ac_cv_func_gai_strerror=yes
./configure

apr-util 1.3.x branch:

no concerns as far as I know

----/----

How is it at a nitty gritty level?  I guess the main concern is with
compatibility with Visual Foo builds.

1. MSVCRT*?
I don't know.

2.Feature set?  (APR_HAVE, APR_HAS)
Very, very close.  One glitch is that MinGW has a few header files
that, according to apr.hw, Visual Foo is missing.

I guess the default for --enable/disable-ipv6 should match apr.hwfrom
the same branch.

3. ???