On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 4/11/2011 7:45 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> trunk:
>>>
>>> looks pretty good here other than the IPv6 detection; I think the only
>>> test failures are also broken with a Visual Foo build
>>>
>>> I build like this:
>>>
>>> # enable IPv6
>> export CPPFLAGS=-DIPV6_V6ONLY=27
>> ^
>> This is also required with MinGW, as with older MS SDKs.
>> httpd needs that to work.
>
> Isn't this needed on the win32 build as well?  I can confirm that
> Microsoft SDK 2003 Feb and v5.0 (XP/2003), and even the VC8 embedded
> sdk (v6.0/Vista?) flavors did not define this value, while v6.0A
> (2008 server flavor) for VC9 and v7.0 did.
>
> Wondering if it shouldn't just be defined in network_io/win32/sockopt.c
> if its missing?

I think it should be; I was hoping to see about finding what WSAfoo
gets returned on a Windows box that doesn't support the option and, if
seen at runtime once the symbol is always available, map that to
APR_ENOTIMPL.

(Yes, I am aware that there are seemingly as many internal patches to
add that def to deal with older MS SDKs as there are distributions of
Apache-based servers ;) )