On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:55 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 4/11/2011 3:09 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>> # enableIPv6
>> export ac_cv_define_sockaddr_in6=yes
>> export ac_cv_working_getaddrinfo=yes
>> export ac_cv_working_getnameinfo=yes
>> export ac_cv_func_gai_strerror=yes
>
> Since *every* version of Windows we support (post-2000 server, eol last year)
> now ships the IPv6 feature set (and driver stack), can we override this list
> in ./configure?  It sounds like this gets us the rest of the way there.

I will add.

Any clue if WinCE has this?

>          We
> could probably simply dodge --disable-ipv6, or let it override the above
> values for someone who really insists on trying this.  Given the state of
> addressing allocations, it isn't something we should encourage ;-)

We can punt at least until compatibility becomes more of an issue.

Trunk's apr.hw can default it to enable, right?

> MSVCRT - that is pretty much defined by the mingw/msys toolchain's
> definitions.
> It is something we shouldn't (attempt to) override.

The work you're consolidating/tweaking/??? has some bearing on this
general issue, right?  I also see some hints that MinGW relies on the
real MSVCRT (which one? urban legend?) but haven't delved into that at
all.

If it becomes a concern, it will only be after more people start using
a reasonably working apr+httpd+??? and start flushing out corner
cases.  (But I speculate that the more surprising change will be more
patches for base Windows issues.)

> APR_HA... excellent!  If you can add these other symbols at your leisure,
> it is good for documentation purposes, even if they have been mismatched
> for a while.  This mingw/msys build should be good to keep them in sync
> and observe any quirks/differences more regularly!  My old method was to
> ./configure linux and then take a stab at figuring out which was which,
> and resorting to try to get them aligned.  But dozens of configure.in and
> build/*.m4 patches later, they are going to fall out of alignment again.

I'll see what else I can tweak.