I will say additionally: it is important to have discussions on the
mailing list to explain / draw attention to major initiatives so
others aren't left wondering what people's plans are.

I see from the 3/10 sync call notes

"We talked about Jorge’s work on “Arrow2”. There is a desire to implement
this new design in Arrow and we talked about creating a branch in the Arrow
repo to continue this work."

So there has been discussion about this, but only in video calls. It's
OK to discuss these things in video calls, but please keep in mind
that not everyone will be able to participate in the call (because of
time zones or English fluency) and so it's important to have written
discussions to explain.