On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 5:08 PM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:

> Nam, this looks better. At least links are working, and the website
> visually looks similar and generally in good shape. I think there are still
> issues. For example, I do not see any of the images (e.g. the beam logo on
> top left is missing.)
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Brian Hulette <bhule...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> I left a comment on the PR [1]. I think the reason all of the website
>> content is not being tracked as file renames is because there was a series
>> of commits that created files in the new directory, and then one commit
>> that deleted the old directory. If there were a single commit with all of
>> the deleted and new files, git would surely recognize they are effectively
>> renameds and mark them as such. Maybe we just need to get all these commits
>> squashed into one?
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11554#issuecomment-621489844
>>

> Nam, could you try this? If we can get git to recognize these as renames,
> review process would be much easier.

+1.

Alternatively, create a commit that just moves the files into a new
location (which git can always detect), then sit the edits on top of that
(which should preserve history better).

Also, is there a reason the dates were removed from the blog post
filenames? For content like that, the dates are nice.