On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 9:55 AM Thomas Weise <t...@apache.org> wrote:

> For changed URLs, will previous URLs be mapped to avoid broken external
> links?

I believe the answer is yes from Nam's response "For now, we keep the old
URLs working in terms of redirecting them". I very much agree that this is
very important and should work for all existing urls.

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 9:34 AM Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <
> aizha...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To give a little more context regarding the URLs, the date should still
>> appear on the blog post, but not on the URL.
>> For example, we'd have:
>>
>> https://beam.apache.org/beam/python/sdk/2016/02/25/python-sdk-now-public.html
>> become https://beam.apache.org/blog/dataflow-python-sdk-is-now-public/.

I am not a content marketer. IMO, this is a good change. In the past, a few
times, we edited dates on posts (e.g. a release date was entered
incorrectly) and we had to either have a mismatch between dates in the url
and the date in the blog, or change the url. This change simplifies, by
having date only in place (in content metadata).