On Dec 5, 2007 7:55 PM, David Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently there are complexities involved with Zotero and other 3rd party
> bibliographic apps in sharing documents and the related bibliographic data,
> which would be greatly reduced with an integrated bibliographic facility.

Well, they'll be solved by an integrated API and standardized ODF
encoding. If JabRef and Zotero, for example, both use the same
mechanism for citation insertion and updating, and embed the same
citation and bib data code in the files, then it achieves that
objective. My point is we need that regardless of whether we build
something on top of it as an integrated tool.

So I'd like to see if we can work with developers from Zotero, JabRef,
etc. to enhance that baseline support. If out that some other
developer start to build the integrated tool we originally envisioned,
that's great. But I don't think we can depend on that panning out. And
in any case, as I say, it's not an either/or choice; just a question
of immediate priorities.

Bruce