Apparently the selection of slf4j might not suit everyone.  While I am
comfortable enough with its API (I prefer slf5j), it does cause us to
impose downstream dependencies on our users that aren't really
necessary.  As an implementation of an EE specification it would be
nice of us to impose dependencies, particularly ones that require a
degree of manual intervention like slf4j, on our users only when
absolutely necessary.  We have 233 .java files in src/main folders,
only 10 of which contain the String "slf4j" by which I guess that we
are only logging a very small amount of information, in which case we
might consider ourselves better citizens to simply use jul for BVal
regardless of how we may feel about it in the context of implementing
applications.

Thoughts?

Matt