Thank you, everybody, for the review.

I've merged the change, so the build is Gradle-based now. I hope I did not
break too many workflows with that change.

Just in case, the new build steps are on the website (
https://calcite.apache.org/docs/howto.html#running-tests ).
$ ./gradlew assemble # build the artifacts
$ ./gradlew build -x test # build the artifacts, verify code style, skip
tests
$ ./gradlew check # verify code style, execute tests
$ ./gradlew test # execute tests
$ ./gradlew style # update code formatting (for auto-correctable cases) and
verify style
$ ./gradlew spotlessCheck checkstyleAll # report code style violations

IDEs might remember that "the project was Maven-based", so the easiest way
to migrate might be to remove project files and import
Gradle build.

Vladimir