Maybe there needs to be a "listing criteria" for a client library, that
includes things like examples for what is considered enough to get folks
started (connections, reads, writes, etc) in addition to what Ran
suggested "[maintainer, last release, next release, support
forum, number of committers, number of users, spring support, jpa support
etc]." I would also have a "who's using us" column as well.

If the library maintainer does not satisfy the listing criteria they can't
get listed. Then we just need to decide what the criteria is ;-)

Other than understanding how up to date and frequently maintained a library
is I think that (full) good examples are essential.

Having said that, I am not actually against some hierarchical organization
in which there is some form of "tested/verified" client library list, then
"others". To keep things fair the question would then be how something gets
to be "tested/verified". In an opensource community I expect the library
developers could take some of this on themselves even if the
testing/verification is part of the main builds by way of some form of
plugin/test suite but my level of thinking on this is shallow.

Just my 2 cents/pennies on this topic!

Cheers,
Simon

--