+1 I would like this.

On 2016-08-16 13:31, Jeremiah D Jordan wrote:
Back to the topic at hand.  First, let us establish that all of this
stuff will be happening “on the mailing lists”, all JIRA updates are
sent to commits@ with the reply-to set to dev@, so “JIRA” is still “on
the list".

Now we just need to decide how we would like to best make use of these
lists.  I propose that we keep dev@ fairly low volume so that people
don’t feel the need to filter it out of their inbox, and thus possibly
miss important discussions.
If someone cares so much about the name of the list where stuff
happens, then I propose we make dev-announce@ and if that happens we
can replace commits@ with dev@ below and dev@ with dev-announce@ and
start forwarding some JIRA stuff to dev@…

In order to keep dev@ low volume (but higher than it currently is, as
it has mostly been “no volume” lately) I propose the following:

Someone has a major feature that they would like to discuss.  (Again
this is just for major features, not every day bug fixes etc)
1. Make a JIRA for the thing you want to discuss (aka post the thing
to commits@)
2. Post link to JIRA with a short description to dev@
3. Have a discussion on the JIRA (aka commits@) about the new thing.
4. If there is some major change/question on the JIRA that people feel
needs some extra discussion/involvement email dev@ with question and
link back to the JIRA
5. Have more discussions on the JIRA (aka commits@) about the new thing.
6. If something else comes up go back too step 4.
7. During this process of decision making keep the “Title” and
“Description” fields of the JIRA (aka commits@) up to date with what
is actually happening in the ticket.
8. Once things settle down make sub tasks or follow on tickets for
actually implementing things linked to the initial ticket.

feature proposals, and it will keep discussions on JIRA tickets where
they are easily referenced and kept in one place, so it is easy to get
to, and easy for.

-Jeremiah