I think all complex, nuanced and especially emotive topics are challenging
to discuss over textual media, due to things like the attention span of
your readers, the difficulties in structuring your text, and especially the
hoops that have to be jumped through to minimise the potential for
misinterpretation, as well as correcting the inevitable misinterpretations
that happen anyway.  But that's a major side track we shouldn't deviate
down.