> read: developers *of* Cassandra

Historically it has not only been developers of Cassandra but also specific
power users, influencers, and experts.  If you want to be successful in
deciding the direction of a product, you need more than its developers present.
 For instance, I am not a Cassandra developer, but I have been invited every
year. Same with folks like Peter Bailis, Rick Branson, and others who come in
with a wealth of knowledge around varying use cases.  Unfortunately, I missed
that last two years, but was hoping to make it this year.

-Russ

On 6/1/17, 11:53 AM, "Eric Evans" <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Eric Evans <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com>
wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is anyone working on an NGCC event for this year? Given all of the
    > recent changes, it seems like it could be really useful. If not, is
    > there interest? When would be good, September? October? What about
    > location? I think we could get the space to host such an even in
    > either San Antonio (centrally located), or San Francisco (San
    > Franciscoly located).
    >
    > Thoughts?

    And to be clear:

    NGCC == Next Generation Cassandra Conference

    And conference may or may not be a misnomer here.  I think what we're
    talking about is more of a meeting of Cassandra developers (read:
    developers *of* Cassandra), to discuss their respective needs / plans,
    and to talk about how that might fit into a project road map.

    IMO, a successful event would result in ideas and help inform
    consensus about where the project is going, what is important, and who
    is willing to collaborate on what.  I do not see this as a place where
    actual decisions would be made, that wouldn't be inclusive of all the
    people unable to attend.

    HTH,

    --
    Eric Evans