On Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 05:22 AM, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:
> >Never would be too lenient. Maybe assign it after 7-8 days since they
> >don't need immediate attention.
>
> 7-8 days is a huge time lost. I was suggesting that this to be 3 days.
> Let other community members chime in too.

Are we assuming that a bug is going to be closed as soon as it's
assigned?

Why does the bug need to be assigned rather than picked up, if the
person who'd get the issue has the time to take it on?

One of the things we're trying to avoid is having queues of issues
backed up assigned to specific folks, which puts off potential
contributors who might claim the ticket if it was unassigned.

Another thing we're trying to avoid is the mentality that bugs have to
be assigned rather than picked up by the individual developer.

I'm against a policy of never assigning tickets, but it shouldn't be the
norm for one set of folks to triage tickets and assign them to another
set of folks.

> >A community member should always have an interest area within CS and
> >he/she subscribes to it. IF a bug is opened in that area he/she should be
> >notified (yeah we can set rules in our email client).

This is assuming people are dedicated to working on CloudStack as a
$dayjob, really. We shouldn't make that assumption.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier