Sebastian re-opened CLOUDSTACK-2463 due to users wanting to upgrade from
2.x to 4.1.  This relates to the security groups feature being available
when using VLANs in an advanced networking zone.  This feature was
apparently broken in the 3.x series, and is not slated to be
reintroduced until 4.2.

This is a horrible situation, and one that we've now encountered for a
third time.

IMO, we have 2 very specific options:

1) We pull that new feature into 4.1, and do the relevant testing.

2) We do not pull that feature into 4.1, and release as is with a strong
message in the release notes highlighting that we know that 2.x to 4.1
will not support it (and state that those users requiring the feature
should wait for 4.2).

At this point, I don't have a preference.  We probably need to
understand the effort for (1), as well as understand who would do that
work (dev AND testing).

Thoughts?

-chip