Not sure about the upload status - Swift itself may not have anything like
that. It looks like files >5gb require some jumping through hoops with
swift in general -
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-object-storage/1.0/content/large-object-creation.html.
And jclouds' blobstore approach supports payloads directly from
inputstreams, if that's what you mean.

A.