Le Vendredi, 21 nov 2003, à 02:49 Europe/Zurich, Michael Hartle a écrit :

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
...The advantage with BeanShell is that the syntax *is* java - one can prototype in script and later move the code to compilable classes (just FYI - I don't mean we should switch now ;-)

Sounds interesting. But you know the initial requirement for any flowscript language: continuations...

If I understood Bertrands hint towards BeanShell right, it would allow the people who are affraid of writing "real" Java code to script an object which is then used in the flowscript we have today - not replacing the current continuation language, but easing the transition for scripters towards Java for objects to be called from the flowscript.

Exactly - and it would be a nice prototyping environment as well, with the ability to easily move scripted BeanShell code to java classes later on.

-Bertrand