See Interpreter.java in the example package of ftp://ftp.primaryinterface.com/pub/javacAPI/javacAPI.zip. It provides a CompilingClassLoader that implements findClass() by using the Eclipse java compiler to compile source files. By combining this with Rhino's ability to dynamically use custom classloaders (see http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/rhino15R4.html "Scripting classes from any class loader") you should be able to create a Flowscript development environment that doesn't require the explicit use of javac.

Regards,

Chris

Torsten Curdt wrote:

Ok, I understand the point. I've been thinking long ago about a "CompilingClassLoader", i.e a classloader to which we don't give .class files, but .java files and that compiles them on the fly and recompiles them automatically when needed. BeanShell may provide something similar without needing to write this complex classloader.

Well, we have something for XSP ...don't we?
--
Torsten