Michael Hartle wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le Jeudi, 20 nov 2003, à 18:12 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

...Rhino also provides some very easy solutions to this:
- http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/tutorial.html#ImplementingInterfaces
- paragraph "JavaAdapter constructor" at http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/scriptjava.html

ok, cool, I wasn't aware of this, looks similar to what BeanShell does.

The advantage with BeanShell is that the syntax *is* java - one can prototype in script and later move the code to compilable classes (just FYI - I don't mean we should switch now ;-)

Sounds interesting. But you know the initial requirement for any flowscript language: continuations...

If I understood Bertrands hint towards BeanShell right, it would allow the people who are affraid of writing "real" Java code to script an object which is then used in the flowscript we have today - not replacing the current continuation language, but easing the transition for scripters towards Java for objects to be called from the flowscript.

And also the other way around: BeanShell would allow people who are reluctant to using server-side JS to use the familiar Java syntax. But once again, the first requirement is to have continuation support.

Sylvain