Le Mardi, 13 jan 2004, à 03:41 Europe/Zurich, Tony Collen a écrit :

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

[snip]

I don't like that message has been added to the core sitemap tags. How about adding separate tag (ant-like):
<map:debug message=".... {1} ....."/>
It's easier to add/remove (comment/uncomment) a tag than an attribute.

Or, arguing syntax even more: ;)

<map:log level="debug|info|warn|foo">this is a message, substitution: {1}</map:log>

or even

<map:log level="foo" message="bar: {1}"/>

+1

It seems to me like this thread mixes concerns between error reporting (strack traces) and debugging or "processing monitoring" (knowing what's going on at a high level).

So it might be a good idea to have <map:log> write to a specific logging category ("cocoon.processing"), where calls to addCocoonStackTrace would be logged as well. The "cocoon.processing" log category would then give a very useful high-level view of what's going on.

-Bertrand