On 14.01.2004 21:28, Torsten Curdt wrote:

[ Besides I still think *println* is bad in flowscript although it
might be (well.. *is*) super for development. But having e.g. an
optional flowscript console would be much better IMO. Otherwise:
if we start using println... which components may use System.out
which may not? ...this weakens a clean approach IMO: none should
use println ]

What do we have flow.log for if not for logging? And why are all exceptions in the flow logged to console - I don't like that!

I'm still +1 to <map:log> and see no real reason why not to do it.

All I am asking is ...do we really need it?

IMO no. We should review the logging of the sitemap components and change it in that way that you get a clear meaning of the sitemap flow by setting log level to INFO.

Joerg