-----Original Message-----
From: Pier Fumagalli

> There are some similarities on the ideas, but JINI (as far as people
> explained it to me when I was working @ Sun) is supposed to be
> completely distributable on multiple network nodes. And I don't think
> that as far as Cocoon is involved, someone would want to distribute a
> single instance across multiple machines now...

And I didn't say that. The similarities are: a Jini service consumer can't
trust service consumed are always available. It have to do some check and
protect itself which could be translated to very ugly code that has more
than one concern.

But this is just one more day in life of distributed applications....

However, as you said, Cocoon is not such application. So I hope your block
code don't get tangled with checks and checks all over it.