On 29 Mar 2004, at 10:16, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

Well, there is a principle in subatomic physics (but, hey, I'm a lawyer so don't get picky just now :-)) saying that even observation can cause perturbation of a system, so that measurements are not to be trusted beyond a certain extent since the act of measuring might have impacted the results.

That's exactly what I was talking about yesterday with Stefano and Fede... And all three of us agreed that instances should be "immutables" (in other words, you can't "change" an instance, you can just replace a running instance with another one "reconfigured")...

The framework should prevent any possible attempt to modify running instances, then if with JMX (or other stuff) you decide that you can do it, well, it's up to you (but the framework should be totally unaware of that).

Pier