[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 26 May 2004, at 10:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Some things that come to my mind for 2.2:
- first finished version of CForms.
- deprecate XSP (and provide a viable alternative)

many people talking about "deprecate XSP" but can i ask something?

is any better alternative to produce xml quering databases?

i think that until now the way ESQL-->XML--> any tranfrormation --> .. has no better alternative

No there isn't. And until there is, XSP can't be deprecated. Hence Carsten saying, "and provide a viable alternative".

Upayavira

- cleaning up the caching/store mess
- remove deprecated blocks etc.

I like it, I like it! :-) (yep, twice).

Starting on 2.2 to bring the current 2.1 to a level of complete solidity of contracts and features is, IMVHO, an optimal idea, and puts us in the position (also) to start using the Linux-like versioning scheme.

2.2 will be our "stable" tree, and all crummy development (real blocks, and you name it) can easily happen in 2.3 which will always be kept as "unstable", to end up with a 2.4 release! :-P

Now, the only thing I'm horrified about is that voice about a BRANCH in our current CVS (aaarrrrggggghhhh)... I'd say we clear out the 2.2 CVS repo and do a clean re-import of 2.1.5, or switch to Subversion now, but purlllease don't add any branch in the tree...

If someone wants, I can rename the 2.2 repository into a 2.3 straight away (so that we ain't going to lose anything)...

        Pier