On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 07:40:19PM +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I just tried this and could not make it work :(  Even tried changing
url to dburl.  Trying to get a connection from flowscript it could
only find datasources defined in cocoon.xconf, not in my sitemaps.
Maybe I am just too excited to figure this out ;)

> You're absolutely right, Carsten. This wasn't possible with the compiled
> sitemap engine, and is possible - although not official - with the
> TreeProcessor because <map:components> in a sitemap is handled exactly
> as <cocoon> in cocoon.xconf.
>
> Hence, any component declaration can be add there. Selectors also
> inherit their parent components, meaning in my example we add a
> datasource, but any datasource defined in cocoon.xconf or even parent
> sitemaps are available.
>
> >We *can* make this officially but this requires a vote. For example, the
> >new tree processor orginally written for 2.2 (using Fortress) did imho not
> >support this.
>
> Don't know if it does support it now, but adding it would be IMO fairly
> easy.
>
> Now I'm all of course for making this official, furthermore considering
> that blocks will need more than just sitemap components.
>
> Ready to start a vote?

Early +1 because I like the idea of not having to restart Cocoon for
every cocoon.xconf change.  IIUC, if we can move some things into the top
sitemap, we can be more modular, and change configs without restarting.

--Tim Larson