Tim Larson wrote:

We *can* make this officially but this requires a vote. For example, the new tree processor orginally written for 2.2 (using Fortress) did imho not support this.

Don't know if it does support it now, but adding it would be IMO fairly easy.

Now I'm all of course for making this official, furthermore considering that blocks will need more than just sitemap components.

Ready to start a vote?

Early +1 because I like the idea of not having to restart Cocoon for
every cocoon.xconf change. IIUC, if we can move some things into the top
sitemap, we can be more modular, and change configs without restarting.

This indeed would be wonderful. I happened to have it on my plate to figure out how to add or change datasource configurations at runtime.

--Greg Weinger