    Bruno> I'm not against the introduction of XHTML, but I want HTML
    Bruno> to remain supported.

    >> If someone wants HTML output, he/she can always add a
    >> namespace-stripping transformation and use the HTML serializer
    >> afterwards.
    >>
    >> Ugo

It seems to me that a straight forward solution would be to introduce
a boolean parameter for the HTML serializer, and make it the default, to strip
any xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; namespace nodes.
Then compatibility is maintained, but if for some reason you DID want
these attributes to appear, you could set the parameter to false.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire