    Joerg> On 29.06.2004 22:03, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    >> Tomorrow, I'll revert to the HTML serializer, and see how the
    >> output validates as HTML (it won't completely, because of the
    >> presence of xmlns attributes for the xhtml namespace).

    Joerg> Exactly. This is what I did and I fixed some issues:
    Joerg> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108853827329381&w=4
    Joerg> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108853882419530&w=4

After applying your changes to my own changes, I get an NPE:

Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3418)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:389)
        at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer.java:549)
        at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
        at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.EffectPipe$Output.copy(EffectPipe.java:257)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.EffectWidgetReplacingPipe$DocHandler.process(EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java:266)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.EffectPipe.endDocument(EffectPipe.java:391)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.endDocument(XMLTeePipe.java:67)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)

The stylesheets are still all well-formed, so i don't know what is
going on.
I guess I shall have to wait until bug #29854 is fixed, then I can
test on my own forms, and get that working first?

    Joerg> empty select for the double-listbox. There are no more
    Joerg> errors for transitional 4.01 html - expect the whole form
    Joerg> model gui sample :)

Why code for the transitional DTD at all? Surely all coding should be
for the strict DTD these days?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire