I have what is basically a work flow system, it has several components that I would like to access from flowscript. The work flow is such that it may take several days to complete but most flows will complete in a matter of seconds. In these cases I would prefer not to have to access the database twice for each update to the flow. These components in turn need other components that have access to several databases. It would be nice also if they could use the a SourceResolver as well. My thinking was to integrate these components into cocoon using by using coccoon.xconf and declaring them as components there.

After thinking about this overnight, I'm not sure this is the right way to do this (especially since when I look up my components I get a Proxy instance :-O ). On the other hand, I would like to be able to take advantage of cocoons pooling and environment.

So my question is what is the best way to take advantage of the cocoon environment in business logic objects. Should they be cocoon components? Or should they just receive the pieces they need from the flowscript that invokes their methods?

Please forgive the thinking out loud, but I seem to be battling with myself over this issue. I see many ways to go and am just curious what others more experienced with cocoon would do.

Thanks for your patience and time.

Glen Ezkovich HardBop Consulting [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.hard-bop.com - new and improved site coming soon

A Proverb for Paranoids:
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
- Thomas Pynchon Gravity's Rainbow