Ralph Goers wrote:

Let's not mix concerns: cocoon has few tests, agreed, but this has nothing to do with the architecture.

It does in the sense that you can't prove that you haven't "broken" it.

Avalon is not the reason why people didn't write tests for cocoon. This is an open source project and a do-ocracy: if you think tests are important, write them and contribute them. We never said "no, go away with your stupid tests".

My point is not if tests are good or bad, my point is tests and architectural decisions are two orthogonal concerns and should be kept separate.

--
Stefano.