Jorg Heymans wrote:

<snip>

Ugo,

tests help but don't really buy us anything: have a community that is strong and diverse enough to do the regression testing for us.

In a commercial world this would sound like :
"Have enough customers that are willing to put up with the bugs we could (might) have caught with better unit-test coverage".

That doesn't sound so positive anymore now does it?

You're right, in a commercial world. But Cocoon is OS and one of the strengh of OS is testing by its community. The users always find bugs that the programmer who has to write a test would never have expected.
What we should try to achieve is that every bug fix is supported by a JUnit or Anteater test so that it can't happen twice.

--
Reinhard