Luca Garulli wrote:

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:40:44 +0200, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Although off-topic, Daisy is part of the Cocoon galaxy. So more
importantly, what the heck does this list has to do with JDO
evangelisation? That's what this somewhat useless thread was all about.

Luca, although you evidently love JDO, this list is about Cocoon.

Surely I love JDO ;-) but here someone hate it !!! :-D

"hate"? I haven't seen such a strong word.

My initial question was just a suggestion to discuss technically the
use of JDO inside Daisy / Cocoon galaxy.

Object persistency is not a primary concern of Cocoon, but one of the associated business logic. So although Cocoon can provide examples or advices on how to cleanly integrate such or such persistency system, it will never promote one.

You really should see Cocoon as a very open integration platform. Do you know other systems that can connnect to big SAP systems and at the same time play dynamically-generated music?

I don't want to make proselytes here about JDO,

But you evidently do.

but maybe sometimes
it's better to know better a technology rather than reinvent the well
every time and after some time realize that it was better to use a
tool for that purpose... the history teach.

Don't worry. People here know the existence of JDO. If they chose another route, that is their choice, that they made after having carefully weighted the pros and cons, regarding their needs and environment.

Sylvain