Antonio Gallardo wrote:

On Vie, 3 de Diciembre de 2004, 15:35, Tony Collen dijo:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

All I ask from a template language:

1) something that HTML designers can edit with Dreamweaver
2) something that doesn't use namespaced tags to identify dynamic
scopes (clashes with #1)
3) something that doesn't use the name taglib

That's pretty much all you have to do to make me happy.

I believe I was responsible for originally "starting" the discussion
about fixing JXTG 2, so I feel like I should probably respond.

JXTG works just fine. I just didn't want to be freaked out looking at
the source. At a minimum, having JXTG refactored, keeping the exact
same functionality, and my mind would be put at ease.

I can try to break the original JXTG in more classes. I mean in separated
files.

That might help in the short term. But there's something special that happens in Cocoon - it has happened with flow, then CForms, but hasn't happened with JXTemplate. When everyone rounds on a technology, and thoroughly backs it. And that has still to happen in relation to templating. (or maybe it is already happenning, who knows).

Regards, Upayavira