Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

For the record: my focus is on having a template language for cocoon that is as powerful as XSP but avoids all the problems.

Is that realistic? I can see logicsheets, but XSP was arbitrary Java code. I find it hard to believe that *anything* will be as powerful/flexible as that.

Dealing with strict constrains is also a very good exercise of design because it forces you to think rather than just work by symmetry.

Indeed. My constraint has been a Simplified DocBook variant which I find to be a much stronger data model than XHTML, but that doesn't make me right.

For example:
http://geekspeak.org/articles/12/article.xml
and the page it produces
http://geekspeak.org/articles/12/

Just trying to find the cleanest, most maintainable way there.

- Miles Elam