Peter Hunsberger wrote:
On 8/14/06, Joerg Heinicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 14.08.2006 22:19, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

This remains my main point though: losing some of our user base. You may
never have been working for a bank, but there such changes in the
requirements take years til they get applied. When we wrote an
application based on Mozilla 1.0 the customer still used Netscape 4.0.x,
not even the latest available version of Netscape at that time, which
was 4.7.x IIRC. We fought for weeks until it was allowed to get Mozilla
1.0 installed on their desktop computers. Andrew's mail from half an
hour ago seems to affirm this.

No, Andrews mail does not confirm anything. Why would any institution
that is so conservative that they run ancient versions of other
software suddenly jump to the bleeding edge of Cocoon?

If they are not willing to run a newer version of Websphere (with full
vendor support) that fixes 100s of know bugs then why would they
suddenly want to run some new version of Cocoon?

That's a good point. I think Cocoon 2.2 can move to Java 1.5 this year as long as Cocoon 2.1 is not EOL-ed ("End Of Life") for 1-2 years to give companies which are dragging their feet two more years of supported Cocoon 2.1 releases.

Vadim