Reinhard Pötz wrote:

.
Versioning
-------------------------------
For Cocoon 2 there have been proposals that all odd versions are
development/alpha versions and all even versions are stable releases.

I like this idea and propose that we follow this versioning schema in
Cocoon 3: All 3.0.x releases are marked as development versions and we
clearly explain this on the website and the READMEs of all artifacts.

When we believe that the community and the technology are stable, we do
a 3.1.0 release.

I think this is less confusing than appending alpha, beta or milestone
postfixes.
+1
SVN
I'm not sure about the new location in SVN. One option I can think of is
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk, the other is
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-3

I slightly prefer http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk.
Why wouldn't you use http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-3.0.x? Then create 3.1.x when it is time for that. Presumably you will create a 3.2.x shortly after that so you can do bug fixes only on 3.1.x and new development on 3.2.x. If not, then I'm not sure what the point of the numbering scheme is.

I'm OK with the rest of the proposal.